How to use seeds on your Organic Planter:
GROWING YOUR ORGANIC PLANTER
- Soak your Organic Planter in water for 5 minutes.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and 10 teaspoons of water (¼ cup of water). Let soak for 30 minutes, stir the mixture time by time to moisten all seeds. The seeds will take a jelly like texture, this will help to stick your seeds to the Organic Planter.
- Apply the mixture of seeds and water to the Organic Planter, using your fingers or a teaspoon. Take care to not make clumps of seeds; you may not need all of the seeds. Fill your Organic Planter with water. Keep your Organic Planter on a small plate or tray.
- Place your Organic Planter in an area with good sun exposure (Chias doesn’t like extreme heat or extreme cold, so your windowsill may be too hot).
- Keep your organic Planter fill with water everyday. It is important for the first days to keep the seeds moist. You can put a bag loosely over the Organic Planter for 3-4 days until the seeds sprout. Or frequently misting your Organic Planter.
- As soon as your Organic Planter has a lush coat; turn your Organic Planter toward the light source regularly to keep the coat even.
- When the growth appears leggy and overgrown, it is time to remove the old growth. Depending on the conditions in your place, your greens will have a lifespan of approximately 4 weeks. Organic Planters should be washed and can be reused indefinitely.